Berkley Re Canada
Berkley Re Canada was established in 2013 to assume Property and Casualty Treaty business for companies based and or operating in Canada. Berkley Re Canada is a broker market reinsurer.
Lines of Business Supported:
- Commercial General Liability
- Umbrella and Excess Liability
- Professional Liability including D&O, E&O, Healthcare (including Allied Healthcare)
- Commercial and Personal Auto Liability
- Environmental Liability
- Personal and Commercial Property
- Quota Share, Surplus, and Excess of Loss
- Preference is to support working layers, but overall account consideration will be given for mid and upper layers on a case by case basis.
- Structured deals / Surplus relief quota share
- MGU/ Program business will be considered.
We offer capacity of up to $15,000,000 any one Program.
All Canada facultative opportunities will be referred to our home office in Stamford, CT.
Note: For regulatory purposes the business reinsured in Canada meets the necessary conditions to qualify as, and is being transacted as, "insuring in Canada a risk" in accordance with Part XIII of the Insurance Companies Act (Canada)